Aleph Melbourne will endorse all political candidates who unconditionally support equal rights for LGBTIQ+ Jews and whose values align with ours.
LGBTIQA+ equality is an issue incredibly close to my heart because not only am I a member of the community but many of my closest friends are. The LGBTIQA+ community deserves to be seen and respected.
No matter our sexuality or gender identity we should all feel safe from discrimination and be able to access support and services that meet our needs. With more Greens in Parliament we’ll push for comprehensive changes to make this a reality.
The Greens are committed to putting $200 million into a Rainbow State Fund as well as establishing an ‘Equality Bill’.
This fund will support initiatives such as:
- Funding for community controlled LGBTIQA+ services in key areas of need such as mental health, multicultural and youth services, homelessness and sexual health
- Establishing an accommodation facility, with associated support and health services, for trans, gender diverse and non-binary people
- Establishing an LGBTIQA+ Community Hub with family services, youth facilities, events, and co-located health services
- Investing in additional clinical services for trans, gender diverse and non-binary Victorians
- Ongoing funding for pride events and festivals around the state
- Social, psychological and peer support for intersex people and their families
- Support services for survivors of conversion practices
You can find out more about the Rainbow State Plan at the link below:
I’m completely open to answering any questions or having conversations people may want to have and my inbox is always open. You can find me at the links below: