Aleph Melbourne launches its 2022 Federal Election Voters Guide
16 MAY 2022
ALEPH MELBOURNE LAUNCHES 2022 FEDERAL ELECTION VOTERS GUIDE
Aleph Melbourne is proud to announce its 2022 Federal Election Voters Guide. The Voters Guide is designed to inform voters living in voting divisions with high Jewish populations how to best identify candidates for the 2022 Federal Election who have comprehensively demonstrated or pledged support for LGBTIQA+ equality.
Links to the Aleph Melbourne 2022 Federal Election Voters Guide:
The Voters Guide is based on our three question survey asking:
- Do you support preventing all discrimination against LGBTIQ+ people (including school settings, sports settings and religious settings)?
- Do support preventing coercive surgeries and other non-consensual medical interventions for children born with variations in sex characteristics?
- Do you support ensuring access to gender affirmation treatment for trans and gender diverse people through Medicare?
Where a candidate did not respond to our survey we attempted to infer responses from their campaign or party policies.
Our guide contains the names of all candidates in the Federal divisions of Goldstein, Higgins, Hotham, Kooyong, Macnamara and Menzies.
We encourage voters to locate their voting division, review their candidates’ levels of support for LGBTIQ+ issues and vote in a manner that prioritises LGBTIQ+ equality.
We also encourage voters to contact candidates directly if they require additional information not included in the Voters Guide.
The Aleph Melbourne 2022 Federal Election Voters Guide is the sixth in our series of election guides since 2013. Our previous guides:
- 2013 Voters Guide to Marriage Equality in Jewish Melbourne
- 2016 Voters Guide to Marriage Equality in Jewish Melbourne
- 2018 Victorian State Election Voters Guide for LGBTIQ Equality
- 2019 Voters Guide for LGBTIQ Equality
- 2020 Local Council Election Voters Guide
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION
Aleph Melbourne Voter’s Guide for LGBTIQ+ Equality for the 2022 Federal Election
Aleph Melbourne Voters Guide
This guide is designed to assist voters living in Victorian voting districts with high Jewish populations* best select candidates who have comprehensively demonstrated or pledged support for LGBTIQA+ equality.
Aleph Melbourne conducted a survey of all candidates in six divisions on issues affecting LGBTIQ+ people.
Feedback, corrections and updates are invited via our contact page. Information is provided here in good faith and on the understanding that it is correct.
This page is optimised for viewing on a full-screen browser.
* Determined from current ABS Census data