Aleph Melbourne will endorse all political candidates who unconditionally support equal rights for LGBTIQ+ Jews and whose values align with ours.
Kindness, equality, rationality, and non-violence are the core values of the Animal Justice Party.
I strongly support individuals being protected from discrimination and harassment due to gender or sexual identity and encourage more safe and accessible places to support and celebrate equality, diversity, and inclusion, especially in the District of Malvern.
I strongly support LGBTQIA+ organisations in our community and will support and prioritise the LGBTQIA+ youth voice if elected.
Our current MP, Andy Meddick has been working tirelessly in parliament to create more LGBTQIA+ safe spaces in Victoria.
The Animal Justice Party’s policies are as follows:
- Gender and sexuality equality is a fundamental human right and that the health, safety and wellbeing of women, girls and gender-diverse people is paramount.
- Reforms are essential to address the causes of gender and sexuality inequality and to protect people against gender and sexuality-based violence.
- Women and gender-diverse people must be supported, encouraged, and empowered to be present and/or prominent in all areas of society, including politics.
- Everyone must be supported in informed decision-making with respect to gender and sexual identity.
- There must be zero tolerance of sexism, homophobia, queerphobia, transphobia, misogyny and all types of violence (including gender and sexuality based violence) and we must work toward gender and sexuality equality and respect in all areas of society.
- Gender-inclusive language should be used.
In a world where we can be anything, we should choose to be kind.
Further information about my campaign can be found via the links