The following political statement has been supplied by Sue Litchfield who is running as a candidate for Clarinda District in the 2022 Victorian State Government election.
Aleph Melbourne will endorse all political candidates who unconditionally support equal rights for LGBTIQ+ Jews and whose values align with ours.
My name is Sue Litchfield and I am the Animal Justice Party candidate for the Clarinda electorate.
As you may be aware, Kindness, equality, rationality, and non-violence are the core values of the Animal Justice Party.
Andy Meddick , the Animal Justice Party MP, who is currently elected in the Western Victoria region, has been working to create more LGBTQIA+ safe spaces in Victoria. If elected, I will campaign for more safe spaces in the Clarinda district. I would be honoured to provide a voice to the LGBTQIA+ community in Parliament.
I strongly support LGBTQIA+ organisations in our community and will support and prioritise the LGBTQIA+ voice if elected.
The Animal Justice Party’s policies are as follows:
- Gender and sexuality equality is a fundamental human right and that the health, safety and wellbeing of women, girls and gender-diverse people is paramount.
- Reforms are essential to address the causes of gender and sexuality inequality and to protect people against gender and sexuality-based violence.
- Women and gender-diverse people must be supported, encouraged, and empowered to be present and/or prominent in all areas of society, including politics.
- Everyone must be supported in informed decision-making with respect to gender and sexual identity.
- There must be zero tolerance of sexism, homophobia, queerphobia, transphobia, misogyny and all types of violence (including gender and sexuality based violence) and we must work toward gender and sexuality equality and respect in all areas of society.
- Gender-inclusive language should be used.
I believe that in a world where we can be anything, we should choose to be kind.