The following political statement has been supplied by Faith Fuhrer who is running as a candidate for Hawthorn District in the 2022 Victorian State Government election.
Aleph Melbourne will endorse all political candidates who unconditionally support equal rights for LGBTIQ+ Jews and whose values align with ours.
Thank you for your email and the opportunity to submit my official stance on the LGBTQIA+ community.
The core values of the Animal Justice Party are kindness, equality, rationality and non-violence. At the heart of this is the creation of safe spaces for all human and non-human animals.
My personal values are unconditionally the same. I will support and prioritise the LGBTQIA+ youth voice if elected, and work to ensure that the incredible diversity of humankind is protected and celebrated (as well as that of animalkind!). I assert that more LGBTQIA+ safe spaces are needed throughout Victoria, including in the District of Hawthorn.
Advocating for the LGBTQIA+ community is also a priority for our current MP, Andy Meddick. We do recognise that there’s more work to be done, and the Animal Justice Party asserts that:
- Gender and sexuality equality is a fundamental human right and that the health, safety and wellbeing of women, girls and gender-diverse people is paramount.
- Reforms are essential to address the causes of gender and sexuality inequality and to protect people against gender and sexuality-based violence.
- Women and gender-diverse people must be supported, encouraged and empowered to be present and/or prominent in all areas of society, including politics.
- Everyone must be supported in informed decision-making with respect to gender and sexual identity.
- There must be zero tolerance of sexism, homophobia, queerphobia, transphobia, misogyny and any type of violence (including gender and sexuality-based violence) and we must work toward gender and sexuality equality and respect in all areas of society.
- Gender-inclusive language should be used.
Animal Justice Party