Queen’s Birthday Honours – the Jewish list for 2021
June 14, 2021
MEDAL [OAM] OF THE ORDER OF AUSTRALIA IN THE GENERAL DIVISION
James OSTROBURSKI, St Kilda East VIC 3183
For service to the community through charitable organisations.
- Founder, Ostroburski Family Fund.
- Founding Member, New Generation of Giving Program, Victorian Division, Philanthropy Australia, 2013.
- Deputy Chairman and Co-Founder, Surgeons Impact Fund, since 2018.
- Member, Arts Philanthropy Review Panel, Victorian Ministry for the Arts, 2014
Melbourne Recital Centre
- Patron, since 2013.
- Member, Amplify Program for Emerging Artists, 2015.
- Chairman, 2014-2017.
- Director, 2013-2018.
- BoardBank Volunteer, Australian Business Arts Foundation, 2009-2011.
- Governor, Arts Centre Melbourne Foundation, 2013-2016.
- Trustee, Bundanon Trust, 2014-2016.
- Director, Australian Chamber Orchestra, 2015-2020.
- Director, Institute of Creative Health, since 2016.
- Director, National Theatre, since 2016.
- Director, Festival of Jewish Arts and Music, since 2020.
- Director, Jewish Museum of Australia, 2015-2020.
- Non-Executive Director, Cannvalate, current.
- Chairman, Nexus Global Youth Summit, 2015-2016.
- Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Kooyong Group, since 2017.
- Head of Medical Finance, Grimsley Wealth, 2015-2016.
- Investec Bank (Australia), 2010-2015.
- Credit Union Australia Ltd, 2009-2010.
James Ostroburski started his philanthropic journey at a young age when a sense of community and making an impact was instilled in him and says that his communal involvement is part of his day-to-day life, not something he does separately.
“I think that it is wonderful to be recognised for something I do out of love of community and it is very humbling. The Awards system is important because it recognises people who quietly, or otherwise, support the communities in their lives.
“I am somewhat surprised to be recognised at my age. It is a great way for other young Australians to see that they can make a difference now and not wait until they retire” he told J-Wire.