The following political statement has been supplied by Alicia Walker who is running as a candidate for Brighton District in the 2022 Victorian State Government election.
Aleph Melbourne will endorse all political candidates who unconditionally support equal rights for LGBTIQ+ Jews and whose values align with ours.
1 November 2022
Kindness, equality, rationality and non-violence are the core values of the Animal Justice Party.
Our party values and my personal values align very well with the values of equality and dignity at Aleph.
Our current MP, Andy Meddick has been working tirelessly in parliament to create more LGBTQIA+ safe spaces in Victoria particularly for the youth community in areas like Geelong and Ballarat.
I assert that more LGBTQIA+ safe spaces are required throughout Victoria including in the District of Brighton.
I strongly support LGBTQIA+ organisations in our community.
I am a proud parent of a child who has several close friends who identify as belonging to the LGBTQI+ community. We as a family are passionate about advocating for a kinder world for all.
I will support and prioritise the LGBTQIA+ youth voice if elected.
As a party, the Animal Justice asserts that:
- Gender and sexuality equality is a fundamental human right and that the health, safety and wellbeing of women, girls and gender-diverse people is paramount.
- Reforms are essential to address the causes of gender and sexuality inequality and to protect people against gender and sexuality based violence.
- Women and gender-diverse people must be supported, encouraged and empowered to be present and/or prominent in all areas of society, including politics.
- Everyone must be supported in informed decision-making with respect to gender and sexual identity;
- There must be zero tolerance of sexism, homophobia, queerphobia, transphobia, misogyny and all types of violence (including gender and sexuality based violence) and we must work toward gender and sexuality equality and respect in all areas of society.
- Gender-inclusive language should be used.